Making a positive impact on the quality of life for all Hoosiers by providing nutritious meat to hunger relief agencies within Indiana...
...One Pound at a Time.
So, how does Hoosiers Feeding the Hungry Work? Well, we're glad you asked.
- Hunters and farmers donate large game and livestock to participating butcher shops that are state or health inspected.
- Tax deductible donations are used to pay for the butchering, cutting, and wrapping of donated meat.
- Butchers will cut and wrap the meat into 1 and 2 pound packages, perfect for families.
- The packaged meat is then given at no charge to local Feeding America food banks and local hunger relief ministries.
- The meat is then distributed to area families in need within your community!